Moving Tips for Houston Residents
At N.C. Texas Moving, our number one goal is simplifying your busy move as much as possible. Some Houston moving tips to keep in mind as the day of your relocation approaches include:
- Keep in mind that May through September are the busiest months for moving, as well as the beginning and end of each month. When moving during these times, flexibility and scheduling ahead may be necessary.
- Ask family and friends for referrals, or search for qualified movers online. Be sure to verify each company you consider with the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Begin planning your move and organizing your items as soon as possible. It may be necessary to downsize and declutter. Donations and garage sales are great ways to dispose of excess items you won’t need after your move.
- Contact your movers at least 4-6 weeks in advance to get your desired moving date.
- When your Relocation Consultant arrives to complete your in-home estimate, make sure you point out any less visible items (this will result in a more accurate estimate, as costs are calculated by weight).
- Close your old bank accounts and open new ones in your new town. Be sure to request a change-of-address kit from your bank or go to https://moversguide.usps.com. Arrange for your utilities to be shut off.
There are some items that N.C. Texas Moving can’t move for you. These include:
- Aerosol Cans
- Flammable and Combustible Items
- Ammunition and Explosives
- Legal Documents
Don’t hesitate to contact your helpful Relocation Consultant if you have any further questions.