5 Tips to Help Pack for Your MovePosted on: Friday, July 7th, 2017
Packing for a move can be some of the most tedious and time consuming parts of your move. It can be difficult to get everything done in time for the move. When it comes to moving, getting the right help can make all the difference.
Sugar Land movers, N.C. Texas Moving Services, are experts on residential moving. We have years of experience moving families across the area and country. Instead of letting the packing overwhelm you, use these tips to help:
- Purge Before You Pack- When you are packing up your belongings, it can be beneficial to reduce the amount of stuff you have to move first. Go through your closets and boxes and get rid of the stuff you don’t use or don’t like anymore.
- Pack an Essential Bag- This bag will save so much time and stress. Pack everything you’ll need for the first few days in an essential bag. This includes clothes, medications, toiletries, electronic chargers, documents, etc.
- Multi-Purpose Everything- Use clothes and towels to protect breakable and fragile items. This will also reduce on the amount of space you take up and boxes you need for the move.
- Label Everything- Label all of your boxes with where they should go, if they’re fragile, etc. This will help your movers know where to put the box as well as give you an idea of what is in them.
- Check the Unallowable List- Most movers have a list of things they refuse to move due to safety concerns. Be sure you check the list to avoid packing something that could be a major safety concern.
If you are looking for additional help, call our team of expert movers! We also provide packing services. Give our Sugar Land movers a call to learn how we can help you with your upcoming relocation!